Sep 7, 2009

Prasat Hin Phanom Wan

Prasat Hin Phanom Wan - Ancient Khmer site just in Muang Korat

I haved live in Korat all of my life but just last year I made a first time visiting to this ruins of ancient Khmer site. It is another Prasat Hin of Korat, you may have heard only the famous one Prasat Hin Phimai and that is 60 kms away from Korat City.

Prasat Hin Phanom Wan is located at the edge of the city, around 15 min drive. I drove up there, very easy route. No visitors at all by the time I was there, only locals in the community nearby walking pass to the local temple.

Prasat Phanom Wan, believed it was built in the 15th Buddhist century. Even thought it's small place but I enjoyed take a stroll inside and the area all around, temple and local living area.

To get there, take highway no 2, when pass Jho ho junction, then drive another few kms and turn right into Tumbon Ban Pho, drive up for 5 kms you will see the site.



ประสาทหินพนมวัน