Nakhon Ratchasima Railway Station located on Mukkamontri road, around 4 kms from central of Korat city.
Nakhon Ratchasima station was opened for service as Korat Station for Standard gauge rolling stocks on 11 November 1900 while the open ceremony was performed by King Chulalongkorn on 21 December 1900 as the terminus for Nakhon Ratchasima Line. It has become a terminus for Northeastern region for about 20 years until the opening of Tha Chang section of Ubon Ratchathani Line on 1 November 1922, after the gauge changing has been completed in July 1922.
The station name has been changed from Korat station to Nakhon Ratchasima station in 1934.
The weekly Northeastern Express to Ubon Ratchathani (then called as Varindr terminus) has been introduced to Ubon Ratchathani with the on 19 March 1938, and the with Diesel Electic Locomotive from Frich and SLM running from Bangkok to Nakhon Ratchasima and the rest (Nakhon Ratchasima station - Varindr) would be covered by Hanomag Pacific Steam Locomotive. The weekly express to Khonkaen was intruduced on 3 November 1939 and it has been extended to Udon Thani on 24 June 1941, the opening day of Udon Thani station.
The station has been bombed during WWII and the present station building has replaced the wooden building on 24 June 1955 along with the construction of the new depot and maintenance center.
References : Wikipedia
Front of Nakhon Ratchasima Railway Station